Equality Statement and Objectives
At St Michael and All Angels we welcome our duited under the Equality Act 2010 to elimate discrimination, advance equality and to foster good relations.
- we are committted to ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and with respect irrespective of their age, race, gender, sexuality, religious belief, disability or socia-economic background.
- we understand that some pupils need extra support to help them access one curriculum and reach their full personal and academic potential.
- we recognise that the whole school community working together, encouraging strong, positive relationships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and other school stakeholders helps yo provide the best education and life experiences for our pupils.
- we are required to publish information as well as equality objectives, which demonstrate how we plan to reduce or remove particular disadvantages.
- in lnie with our responsibilities under the Public Sector Equality Duty arising from the Equality Act 2010 we will publish online equality objectives.
- teachers, support staff and representatives from our wellbeing team/Safeguarding Team and the Governing Body receieve regular training on Equality.
- Mr Lee James (parent Governor) is the names Equality Champion for SMAAA
- please contact the school if you require any further information.